Several months ago James, who is 4, very innocently asked me why my belly was still big since Luke wasn't in it anymore. I told him I was working on it. He then said, "but you aren't exercising." That's when I was reminded of the example I am setting for my children. Shortly thereafter I joined the gym.
Of course the best part of losing weight is having to yank up my pants all the time. I love actually seeing progress. But some other great things have happened too. I feel really good. I just feel healthier. My energy is good and I have more motivation in general.
Brett, my picky, PICKY eater, has taken notice also. She knows mommy is trying to get healthier. She has actually tried some new things that I am eating, and likes them! She tried baby spinach, tapenade, and a blueberry smoothy. She is watching so I have to keep it up.
Jamie has started working out and is eating slightly better. So I am glad that something positive is happening in my family through this new way of living. I think it's going to last this time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Amy~~Dave ordered the book for me and I have glanced over it but have not started it yet. It looks difficult but I am sure I looked at it on a wrong day. I will let you know. I love you and I am soooooooo proud of you.
Post a Comment