Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Numbers

It has been about two and a half months from when I began working out, a month and a half since starting the Flat Belly Diet, and one week since hula horror. I've officially lost 12 pounds and have gone down 2 pants sizes. About 3 weeks ago I had gone down one size, and after a week of hula hooping, I've gone down another size. I don't think it's all because of the hula hoop, but I think it is contributing significantly. It still hurts to do, but it is getting easier. I am up to 7 minutes now! I am posting a picture of the wicked bruising I have on my side. It looks like I have been beaten. But I have been assured that it will go away.Hopefully this doesn't gross you out!

So all this progress has really motivated me to keep going. It is so nice to actually see results. I have a long way to go, but am on my way!

My brother sent me a Power Point presentation today that his dietitian at work put together. It is about holiday eating. Apparently people gain about a pound from holiday eating, but never lose it. So a lot of extra weight that people carry around is from years of holiday eating. I have been anxious about the upcoming holiday meals. The presentation had some great tips, like snacking before going to a family dinner so you're not famished when you get there which usually ends up in overeating. Another good idea is to only put the bulky foods on your plate that fill you up and don't mess with insulin levels. So eat things like proteins, lean meats, nuts, and veggies; stay away from white stuff like white bread, rice, potatoes. Go for wheat bread, rice and crackers. Eat the pumpkin pie without the shell. Don't deny yourself the favorite things, just eat small portions. And don't waste calories on liquid calories or food that just isn't worth it. So I have a plan and I am going to enjoy my Thanksgiving meals, but focus more on blessings, family and relationships rather than food.

2 comments:

paulawilliamswray said...

At first, I have to admit, I thought your bruise photo was a picture of clouds. LOL. You have way more will power than me! The first bruise or pain I would've given up. So, YOU GO GIRL! You have truly inspired me. I love sweet tea and I have now went 2 days without any tea. Just water. I feel better because I don't feel "full". Sure it was the first thing I thought of this morning but I got my water instead. AND I've thrown out the chocolate. I found myself standing at the counter eating one piece after the other for NO REASON. Dumb. Anyway, keep up the good work and keep us posted! YOU LOOK AWESOME! Much love and best wishes! Paula

Anonymous said...

I thought it was a skyline at first! OUCH! I agree with Paula, you are doing great!! What a wonderful example you are setting for your entire family, and the rest of us! I have to limit myself to one coke a day, then water the rest of the time. It does help. I am also big on portion control. Those two things are the ONLY thing I am doing, but I am getting some results, so why not?! Keep on truckin girl and keep on bloggin, I need the inspiration! :)