It's been a while since I've written and there has been a lot of progress. I'm down about 9 pounds which is wonderful. I am having more good days than not. This thing is not exactly coming naturally to me, but it is much easier and I pretty much have it down to a science.
I'm finding the most important part in managing my eating is planning ahead. I have to pack lunches and snacks for the days I'm away from the house. If I don't, I get too hungry and want to eat whatever I can get my hands on. So being prepared is the most important thing for me right now. I've had a few tough moments, like when I picked up pizza for the kids and when I smelled McDonald's fries when I was hungry. But the amazing thing is that if I just get through it, I'm fine. It's not the end of the world if I don't fulfill that urge immediately!
One thing that frustrates me is being torn between viewing food as just fuel or thinking it is something I should enjoy. Part of me wants to just look at it as something I need to survive and nothing more. The other part of me thinks God made it so good so that we can enjoy it. Ugh! My thin neighbor, Isaac, tells me we are to enjoy it in small portions. And I think that's the key. Ultimately, that's what this whole Flat Belly Diet has been about for me; eating small portions with a MUFA added to it. I just wish pumpkin pie was a MUFA! Last night at a church dinner I did have a few bites of pie. I felt slightly guilty, but I plan to go full steam ahead with the plan. The weight loss I have experienced is definitely motivation to go on.
Until later....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment